What is Person Centred Counselling?
Counselling offers you a safe, supportive and confidential place to explore difficulties in your personal life, with someone who is trained neither to judge nor advise but to accompany you as you begin to unlock and explore your feelings, some of which may have remained hidden for years. From this beginning you may come to understand more about yourself, feel less confused, make changes in your life or come to terms with the things that cannot be changed. The approach values the individual and his or her own instincts in knowing what action to take.
Who is it for?
There are many reasons for seeking counselling. You may be feeling upset, depressed, frustrated or stressed. These feelings may apply only to your self or involve relationships with others.
- "My partner left me three years ago and I don't understand why. I still feel so lonely and depressed"
- " We used to have so much in common but we seem to be growing apart"
- "I hate my life and my work. I want to run away"
- "Whatever I do or achieve, it never feels like enough. I feel like a failure."
- "I think my parents hated me"
- "I am forty years old yet I feel frightened, like a child, and I don't know why."
- "People are always telling me what to do. Nobody really cares or listens."
Specific issues that I can help with
- eating disorders
- mental health
- post traumatic stress
- sexual orientation
- telephone counselling