Who is it for?
There are many reasons for seeking therapeutic support throughout our lives. The therapeutic alliance offers you a safe, supportive and confidential place to explore difficulties in your personal life with someone who is trained neither to judge, nor tell you what to do, but to accompany you as you begin to unlock and explore your feelings; some of which may have remained hidden for years. From this beginning you may come to understand more about yourself, feel less confused and isolated, make changes, or come to terms with the things which cannot be changed. The Person Centred Approach values the individual and his or her own instincts in knowing what action to take.
- “My partner left me three years ago and I don’t understand why I still feel so lonely and depressed.”
- “We used to have so much in common but we seem to be growing apart.”
- “I hate my life and work. I feel like running away.”
- “Whatever I do or achieve, it never feels like enough. I feel like a failure.”
- “I think my parents hated me.”
- “I am forty years old yet I feel frightened, like a child, and I don’t know why.”
- “People are always telling me what to do but nobody really cares or listens.”
- I was abused when I was a child.
You may be feeling upset, depressed, anxious, frustrated stressed or a sense of loss. These feelings may apply only to you or involve relationships with others.
Relational Therapy can support any close relationship where communication has broken down.
- “Our teenage son treats our house like a hotel and never listens to a word I say.”
- “My wife treats me like a child.”
- “My same sex partner is totally uncommunicative. I wish I could reach him.”
- “My parents always presume to know better than me what is right for me.”
- “My husband is more interested in watching porn than being intimate with me.”
- “My wife had an affair. I don’t think I can ever forgive her.”
Other relational issues:
Psychosexual issues include – Erectile dysfunction, inability to achieve orgasm, sex and porn addiction, loss of libido, pain or inability to have penetrative intercourse, premature ejaculation and the menopause and its effects.
Rhona Petticrew Reg. MBACP (Snr. Accred. )
Call Rhona today for a confidential initial assessment, free of charge and with no obligation to continue.